Tuesday, January 3, 2012

To my anchors

I'm moving out of "The Drifter" where I've been living for the last 4 months. Bonnie and Kyle (who totally should be old-timey gangsters for Halloween next year) have plans to turn it into a gym complete with two comfy chairs and an exercise bike. There will probably be no more drifters up here anymore (of which I am the second) and it will just become a loft with an ironic title. Back to my old room at my parents' house (which now is a gym complete with a comfy chair) and I'll be packing up all my old things which I can't take with me. 


And off to drift anew. 


I'm moving to Costa Rica, the fourth country I'll have lived in, but this time it's not such a brief stint. This blog is for my anchors: those who keep me grounded in my thoughts, my dreams, my travels, my relationships, my life. It's for those who've raised me well, those who make sure I keep returning to Colorado from time to time, those who live in Chicago (not all the randos, you know who you are), the rest of the Wawasee crew, roommates whose last names start with V, other past roommates, the owners of the drifter, and those who read this list and thought: "Was I in there? I should have been in there?" - You were totally in there.


I can live in a basement room with a mural, various dorm rooms, an apartment, a tool shed, or a loft with an ironic name, but I can't live without all of you.
Love you all,


"The Drifter" Robb

No comments:

Post a Comment